The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft and Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg jointly
operate the International Audio Laboratories Erlangen (AudioLabs). At this facility, university
scientists develop new top technologies for digital processing of multimedia content
hand in hand with Fraunhofer IIS scientists and visiting researchers from around the world.
The AudioLabs Erlangen are housed next door to the internationally-renowned team
of audio coding experts from the Fraunhofer Audio & Multimedia division. This enables
direct access to the institute’s state-of-the-art facilities including acoustics laboratories, a
recording studio and a digital movie theatre laboratory.
Who w e are looking for
We offer numerous possibilities in audio engineering for student research projects and
final theses (in accordance with the rules of your university and after consulting your
Job opportunities are open to PhD students, accomplished PhDs as well as Postdocs
and/or researchers. We are looking for engineers and natural scientists with profound
• Digital multimedia signal processing
• Audio or video coding, analysis & modelling
• Human perception (psychophysics)
Applicants should have strong problem solving/analytical skills as well as technical knowledge,
and a passion for audio and multimedia topics. Furthermore, a structured working
style and enjoyment of working in teams are essential for a successful application.
What we expect from you
Your mission is to carry out research on advanced audio and multimedia topics and create
know-how, intellectual property and publications. Like all members of our highly-motivated
team, you should also show a strong personal commitment.
What w e offer
• Outstanding working conditions: State-of-the-art listening laboratories and
equipment, flexible working hours
• Integration into the scientific community and good connections to major companies
• Manifold options for personal development in science, engineering, business
• Assistance in housing and in administrative issues necessary for staying in Germany