The main purpose of this role is to design and develop technical concepts for complex systems applying to our automotive clients. The role requires someone with predominantly software development skills but also someone with insight and some understanding of hardware applications. The job holder will become part of a small team, all highly skilled and experienced individuals all working on the design and development of complex integrated solutions.
• Analysis of telematics control units requirements received from OEM automotive customers
• Responsibility for design of system architecture/system components (or several proposals) matching the requirements and taking cost, performance, manufacturability etc. into account
• Guide the technical implementation (Hardware & Software) in cooperation with design engineers.
• Monitor testing of the implementation from the first samples until SoP (start of production)
• Scan for new technologies (market observation, conferences, suppliers) in certain technical areas to maintain our competitive advantage and acting as consultant internally (e.g. for Product Management, Engineering) and externally towards our customers
• Lead proof of concept (PoC) implementation projects (these are based on the proposed technologies/features) which are identified to be promising for our customers and are sponsored by the Business unit -> internal projects and internal stakeholders
Profile of desired candidate:
• BSc. or MSc. in electrical engineering or related field
• Very good command of written and spoken English, of advantage if ability to speak and write German
• 8 or more years of experience in the development of complex hard- and software systems, ideally within the area of automotive applications
• Demonstrated Mastery of a particular technical area in the embedded world/Inter of Things ,Cellular modems (2G/3G/4G/5G) wireless communication syste (Wifi, 802.11p, Bluetooth, NFC…) Ethernet, USB Low power supply & power management DSP, FPGA, µController
• Of advantage if knowledge of Car Bus interfaces e.g. CAN, Flexray, LIN, Automotive Ethernet and Embedded Systems Operating Systems know-how as well as hands on in writing SW running on Embedded System OS (e.g. device driver, applications…) or configuration of Embedded System OS
• Works well in a Team environment and guides the team as the “expert” in a particular field, capable of leading a sub-team formed around the technical expertise.
• Demonstrated experience in participating on multi-disciplinary product development teams.
• Experienced in cooperation with international customers and partners.
• Demonstrated understanding of new product development processes and work flow.