Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for Monitoring, Analysis, and Resolution of faults occurring on Network Elements that are managed by the Mobility Service Ops organization. The supported elements include: GGSNs, SGWs, PGWs, Routers, Switches, VPN Concentrators, Load Balancers, Terminal Servers, Circuits, Windows Application Servers, and Unix Application Servers.
• Performs fault isolation, validation, and some repair for supported network nodes, escalating and tracking advanced issues for platform teams.
• Responsible for the rapid assessment of both the nature and severity of customer problems to evaluate appropriate response, engages various support organizations to provide that response.
• Assists and supports the engaged support organizations to reduce duration and severity of customer impact and/or loss of redundancy.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Technical knowledge of IP-based networks, systems and applications to include at least one or more of the following: IP Routing, Routing Protocols, 3G Microcell, Mobile Data (GPRS, UMTS, and/or LTE), Data Applications (SMS + MMS).