Main Purpose of Job
• Respond to incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements
• Keeping Customers informed on request status and progress.
• Adhering to Incident management procedures.
• Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
• Ensure all open incidents assigned to team are updated daily.
• Provide First Time Fixes for incidents where possible.
• Work with Service Desk Consultants and Analyst to help them develop greater understanding of issues and resolutions.
• Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
• Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
• Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
• Escalate potential service issues initially with Principal RIS Consultant/ITIL Services Manager/Service Delivery Manager
• Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
• Recommend and deploy changes via the change management process when required.
• Provide technical assistance to on-going projects when required.
Knowledge and Experience
• Educated to GCSE level in Maths and English or equivalent.
• Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications
• Proven Customer service skills (SDI Preferred)
• 2–3 years’ experience as an analyst within a Managed Service Provider environment.
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area (i.e., CCNA, CCNP etc.)
• 18+ months’ remote support experience of
o Cisco Telephony Systems
o Cisco Network Platforms
• Good knowledge of IT platforms and applications
• Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines.
• Working to SLA’s and KPI’s and to be able to accurately describe their purpose
• Clear understanding of service delivery processes across a variety of managed services.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Passionate, particularly about the area of specialist focus
• Articulate and credible
• Pragmatic approach
• Quality and detail orientated
• Positive attitude and influence to others
• Excellent communicator in all forms up to C- Level
• Excellent organisation and time management skills
• Commercial aptitude to specify appropriate solutions
• Able to achieve potential, stay inspired and motivated
• Desire to retain the highest levels of accreditation in core speciality
• Able to drive an individual plan based on business strategy