Advantech is a world-leading supplier and manufacturer of network and telecommunication platform. Currently we have an immediate opening for a Product Engineer in our Milpitas office. We are looking for a technology savvy, energetic and eager candidate for this position. Our Milpitas office provides a professional yet friendly environment making it a great place to work and grow. www.advantech.com
Responsible for the product/project planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product specification, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and technical support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The product manager is expected to
1. Manage and work with HQ on product availability and project implementation
2. Work with sales personnel and customer to propose hardware and software solutions. Set pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals.
3. Work with Marketing / R&D and key vendors on marketing activities, competition analysis and product roadmap.
4. Create customer specific solutions with pre-sales and post-sales technical support, feasibility verification, response to project implantation and local support.
5. Develop sales tools and collateral
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or an equivalent field is a must.
- At least 2 years experience in product management, product engineering, or hardware design in the PC industry or related field is a must.
- Technical background, with experience in x86/network processor HW platform
- Telco/Datacom working experience is plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, aggressive and solid execution
- Bilingual (English/Chinese) is highly preferred
- Must be able to travel domestic and oversea