As an AMS-IX Installation engineer you will be part of a team of 5 engineers who work closely together to realise implementation of upgrades and changes in the network. You will do installation, testing and administration of network equipment and infrastructure within the AMS-IX platform. This involves different type of routers, switches, servers and the needed cabling (Fiber, UTP) to connect these. You will stay in close contact with the different datacentre providers where AMS-IX has PoP locations. You will do Supply and stock management for all the used equipment. You will Managing the physical installation of the AMS-IX test lab. Most of the activities will take place in the datacentres and in our office. Sometimes it’s necessary that you will do some installation activities in other countries during a short term. You will support the Network Operations Centre in case of problems with the physical installations. The Installation Engineer will report to the Team lead of Engineering.
• MBO Diploma or equivalent in mechanical/electrical or experience in an equal position within a Telecom/ISP or datacenter environment.
• You have good understanding of routing protocols and have practical experience with configuring BGP.
• You have experience with detailed technical documentation.
• You have a good insight in the structure and relations that make up the internet.
• You are open-minded, eager to learn, able to work in a small team of highly skilled professionals, and stress-resistant.
• You have good communication skills, your English is fluent (both spoken and written). Speaking and/or understanding at least basic Dutch is a plus.
• You have a driver's license for a car.