About the Company
We're at the heart of the Internet, handling between 15-30% of the world’s total web traffic, helping the most innovative companies remove the complexities of delivering any experience, to any device, anywhere. Founded in the halls of MIT, Akamai remains dedicated to a youthful optimism of problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. If you'd like to work in a culture where hard work and innovative ideas are consistently rewarded, join us and help shape the future of the hyperconnected world.
Akamai has been recognized as one of the top Great Places To Work in Poland by the Great Place to Work® Institute in Poland.
About the Job & the Team
We are a team of 21 people responsible for supporting International operations (including America, EMEA and APJ entities) of Akamai. If you would like to be a part of young, diverse team, who enjoys challenges and working with each other and together with us accelerate the internet business and make sure that the finance of Akamai evolves. Join us and become a part of this change.
• Support and execute global cash management process
• Support basic accruals calculation & processing
• Prepare and record journal entries within the areas of responsibility
• Understand and prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
• Execute monthly close procedures for various processes and prepare monthly financial analysis/reports
• Support intercompany process execution
• Assist in conducting the day-to-day financial activities for International Operations
• Work with all areas of Finance (Treasury & Tax, AR, AP, payroll, and FP&A) to support financial operations
• Assist and help monitor to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, company policies and procedures
• Look for and implement improvements to the processes and systems
• A degree in Accounting or Finance related major
• Fluent English language
• Strong analytical skills
• Good Excel skills
• Motivation to learn and work in international and a fast paced changing environment
• Able to create clear and concise documentation and work papers
• Clear communication skills and good business judgment
• Exhibits strong ethical behavior
• Experience with Oracle or other ERP applications is a strong plus