Transform high level designs into solutions, utilising standard products, ensuing delivery and support by the operations teams.
• Own the technical feasibility, deployment strategy and operability of the proposed solution, for delivery in conjunction with engineering teams and provide Technical validation of solution design SCs.
• Suggested time allocation is as follows:
40%, provide detailed design on solutions; including detailed network, server and solutions diagrams, hardware and software configuration, and detailed technical descriptions as per agreed C&H customer design templates.
30%, consulting with the stakeholder at a technical level to understand, define and drive requirements
10%, contribute to new / enhancement of products and service design
10%, Exceptional Fault / Problem Management (not BAU). (Cross charging Model to be agreed with 3rd Line Operations when such engagements are requested of the TDA)
5%, technical leadership
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Highly professional, well presented, authoritative and credible, with extensive commercial consulting experience.
• Key asset in expanding our hosting and professional services by providing strategic advice, technology leadership and if required implementation services to the customer.
• Contribute significantly for expanding successful infrastructure capability and should be capable of driving the most complex and multi-disciplinary infrastructure transformation projects for our customers.
• Be proven at providing strategic input to our customer(s) and their decision-makers. The ability to then lead teams of people through design and delivery is essential, bridging between strategic, planning, design and implementation layers of activity when needed, in order to drive on-time delivery of best practice, leading edge solutions and results
Solid background in infrastructure and career progression that has spanned different technology disciplines, including for example (but not exclusively):
• Producing highly secure, scalable, resilient and performant solutions
• Experience in enterprise server solutions including blade technologies (UCS, HP Blade or similar)
• Strong understanding of Windows server and or RedHat Linux operating systems
• Virtualisation knowledge including performance and monitoring, high availability, security and network virtualisation overlay (e.g. NSX).
• Understanding of SAN design for enterprise solutions (EMC VMAX/VNX, VBLOCK) and SAN / Unified Fabric switching)
• Knowledge of vendor enterprise hardware (e.g. Nexus, ASA, Checkpoint, F5 LTM/GTM)
• Experience of design and operation of switching, routing, firewall, load balancing and WAN Circuits