We are looking for a C++ Developer to join the Client Technology team at Akamai. In this role, you could influence the future of the Internet by developing state of the art network protocols and data delivery optimizations. Currently we work on implementing and enhancing QUIC, a new multiplexed and secure transport protocol, optimized for HTTP/2, and on its deployment to Akamai's content delivery network, one of the world's largest distributed computing platforms, responsible for serving a significant part of all web traffic.
As a C++ Developer, you will be responsible for:
* Developing and optimizing network communication features in C++11 for a variety of client-side and server-side platforms and hardware architectures.
* Supporting integrations of our libraries into other client-side and server-side software.
* Developing and enhancing test suites and test tools.
* Using third-party code to accelerate development.
* Contributing our enhancements and fixes to third-party projects.
* Analyzing and fixing problems.
About the Team
Client Technology engineering team, with a presence in Prague, Czechia, and Santa Clara, California, is a part of Akamai’s Media Division, responsible for the creation and sale of Akamai services related to the large-scale distribution of video, music, and software that are sold to major media companies. The Media Division includes the core functions of engineering, product development, product management, sales, channels and product marketing. It supports customers with their over-the-top video, live events, and streaming video optimization requirements through the operation of a global, highly-scalable platform for content ingestion and transformation, storage, and high quality media delivery.
Akamai’s Prague office is located in a modern office center Andel Park.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or its equivalent or
* Relevant experience and a Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science or its equivalent or
* Relevant professional experience
* Good C++ programming skills
* Knowledge of the C++ standard library
* High-level knowledge of Internet protocols, including IP, TCP, UDP, DNS, and HTTP
* Good written and verbal communication in English
* Experience with developing network communication
* Experience with developing cross-platform and multithreaded code
* Knowledge of Linux and common desktop and mobile operating systems
* Knowledge of Make-like build systems
* Good verbal communication in Czech