Digital – Java Technical Lead
Deloitte is growing its technology development capability within Romania. We have great ambitions and want you to be a part of growing the future of our Technology practice in the region.
If you're interested in leading the development of innovative digital solutions, then joining Deloitte Consulting as a Java Technical Lead could be your most rewarding move. The role provides you the opportunity to lead and grow one of our key capability focuses around Java.
Our Digital service line is an innovative leader in online and mobile strategy, design and development, offering world-class knowledge and resources from the leading global business and technology consultancy. We work with a wide range of iconic local and global organisations, helping them understand and profit from the online and mobile revolution.
We look for our Technical Leads to continually challenge and grow their own technical expertise and business skills, growing teams around them. The technology landscape is ever moving. We expect our Technical Leads to be passionate about their areas of focus, staying close to established and emerging technical trends.
Successful candidates will demonstrate both their ability to work independently and their experience in making key decisions. We are seeking exceptional candidates who have the commitment to join a world-class client delivery organization that is a part of one of the world's premier consulting firms.
Illustrative responsibilities include:
• Hands on technology development / delivery
• Making key technical design decisions across delivery engagements
• Leading teams of more junior developers in delivery of a common solution
• Embedding quality processes, ensuring that all development team members understand the importance of these controls
• Selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements
• Working to deliver bespoke Java solutions and work with leading enterprise Java based platforms
• Driving the development team through the agile delivery process to where possible achieve commitments across sprints
• Reporting on progress and quality, using established tooling
• Understands the benefits of using state of the art methods and tools and their application on a particular engagement; contributes to continuous development of methods and tools
• Operating independently, reviewing, and directing the work of more junior staff
• Develops solutions to client problems through application of methods and tools; validates solutions to subject matter experts
• Demonstrates accountability and contributions to the successful realization of client goals
• Strong experience as a Java developer, with 7+ years of professional hands on experience developing applications for the Java platform
• Strong experience leading teams of 10 or more junior developers
• Experience using tools such as Atlassian Jira, Confluence and BitBucket / GitHub
• Ability to work in a geographically distributed software development team
• Strong collaboration, communication, written and verbal
• Must be a fast learner, able to work independently, and adapt to changing priorities and tasking to support business goals/objectives
• Working knowledge of both windows and linux based (such as Red Hat) environments
• Must have excellent knowledge of:
o Programing Languages: Java/J2EE
o Frameworks: Spring/Struts, ORM