In the team, you develop concepts and prototypes for cloud-based, scalable systems for applications (eg data analysis) in the field of mobility services.
They examine current developments in the area of big data and cloud technologies and evaluate the usability by means of small prototypes in our own IT infrastructure. They drive the further development of our technology packs for use in innovative pre-development projects or in production systems of BMW Car IT or the BMW Group. At the same time, you can make modern, state-of-the-art development methods available for scalable back-end applications for the BMW Group by automating, for example, automated processes or testing and integration processes. As part of these activities, you actively contribute to open source projects.
- Successfully completed studies in computer science or a comparable course of study.
- Practical experience with Big Data technologies in the Hadoop ecosystem (eg Apache Spark, Apache Storm, Apache Cassandra, Apache Kafka).
- Practical experience with cloud computing technologies, preferably with OpenStack.
- Practical experience with container management and automatable configuration (eg Docker and Ansible).
- Knowledge in IT security and network administration is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge and skills of software engineering, especially agile software development, object-oriented design and software quality.
- Practical experience in open source development.
- Proficient in German and English.
- Team and communication skills.
- Own initiative.