You will be part of our Wireless Technology Group - a team of highly qualified, dedicated individuals who take pride in designing and introducing new wired, wireless and advanced technologies. The impact of our work on consumer and enterprise broadband is global and game changing. This individual will work closely with cable operators and technology partners who dream of better things for the consumers every day, making them a reality!
We are seeking a strong, adaptable and innovative self-starter with experience and education in wireless technologies. Our ideal candidate should have direct hands on experience with at least two of the following wireless technologies: Wi-Fi, WiMAX, LTE, LTE Advanced, WCDMA, and HSPA+ and their underlying standards. You will participate in defining next generation wireless technologies contributing to the wireless ecosystem while driving internal and external wireless initiatives across SDOs, forums and regulatory bodies.
• Contribute to R&D projects - technology and specifications development, modeling, testing and measurement
• Originate, innovate and collaborate on co-development and co-innovation projects with cable operators, vendors, wireless forums, SDOs, and the academic community.
• Develop innovative concepts and applications participating in our innovation process including ideation, market and customer validation, and patent disclosure.
• Support industry regulatory policy experts to execute and publish related research
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• MS or PhD focused on wireless communication technologies or BSEE with relevant experience.
• 2 (PhD) or 5 (MS) years’ experience in physical layer and system engineering including Wi-Fi and cellular technologies
• 5+ years’ experience in wireless technologies including Wi-Fi and cellular networks such as LTE, LTE Advanced, WiMAX, WCDMA, HSPA+, Cloud RAN, and MU-MIMO with an emphasis on system engineering and MAC and PHY algorithm development.
-- Wi-Fi technology including Hotspot 2.0, Passpoint, 802.11ac, 802.11ax, Carrier Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi calling
-- Technical architecture implementation experience
• 3+ years of hands on testing and analysis experience in wireless technologies.
• Ability to work independently; self-directed with ability to tackle complex problems requiring in-depth analysis to provide creative technical solutions.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience with lab equipment (spectrum & vector signal analyzers, signal generators, etc.).
• Experience developing test plans for system testing; conducting and leading test and measurement campaigns.
• Strong listening skills, desire, ability and successful experience working with customers.
• Ability to build consensus with multiple stakeholders in challenging environment.
• Ability to work with and accept help from junior technical and non-technical staff.
• Excellent time and task management and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to travel 25% domestically and internationally.