Spirent is a leading communications technology company focused on delivering innovative systems and services to meet the needs of customers worldwide. We are a global provider of performance analysis and service assurance solutions that enable the development and deployment of next-generation networking technologies such as broadband services, Internet telephony, 4G wireless, security testing, positioning technologies and application performance.
As GNSS becomes more ubiquitous in infrastructure (public and private, commercial and government) the risks associated with the inherent vulnerabilities of the technology become a higher priority issue to quantify and resolve. There is now an active discussion in the industry regarding vulnerability and how to build robustness; a conversation that Spirent believes it can actively contribute and add value to.
For a member of the RPNT team, we will be looking for individuals who can;
- Take part in the assigned software development project / programme as a permanent member of the team
- Contribute to the full product development lifecycle as a software engineer, from product specification to validation
- Produce clear documentation and status reports as appropriate and/or requested.
- Communicate technical issues to programme and project stakeholders at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of software engineering programming languages & methodologies
You will need to;
Contribute towards the Robust Positioning Navigation & Timing (RPNT) engineering programme
Own & maintain technical product knowledge
Adopt and uphold coding standards and participate in code reviews
Provide estimates based on well-defined work packages provided by the RPNT team manager and Project Engineers
Define, implement and execute test plans to verify product requirements and assure quality
Provide consultancy and support to the team and wider positioning technology group as appropriate
Support product demonstrations and sales of new and existing products
Write detailed documentation & adopt the ISO compliant quality system