Network engineer responsible for managing client’s network across the globe with focus to WAN Optimization and broader WAN technologies.
We are looking for open minded and motivated person with interest and skills above traditional networking technologies – Cisco, Juniper, and Riverbed towards future SDN or Virtualized solutions. Person keen to constantly develop skills towards new trends and approaches with ability to understand new technologies.
Ability and interest to learn and apply programming skills, front end development area and experience with new Agile software development approaches are huge advantage.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will not only determine feasibility of technical solutions; will assist in the root cause determination of WAN Optimization related problems, but also help with development of new tools and creative approaches.
Engineer should be able to name and answer question related to technical problems in area of IP network as well as basic understand software development approaches.
Assess if the solution require research and/or extensive analysis and potentially programming in order to resolve.
Decisions impact both AT&T internal organizations and the availability, reliability and resiliency of client networks.
Participates on design and deploys network solutions, performs network changes of medium complexity.
Configures various types of devices, supports LAN / WAN infrastructure and interacts with internal and external partners to complete tasks.
Please note that the position is offered as a long term assignment with AT&T contract.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent English Language skills
- Proficiency with software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong data entry and PC skills
- Knowledge in LAN & WAN Optimization – Experience various types of appliances like accelerators (Steelheads) 3 types: physical, virtual and cloud; load balancers (Interceptors); management controller (SCC); mobile controller (SMC) and mobile clients
- Hands on experience with configuration and definition of acceleration policies
- Understanding of application and 4-7 layer of OSI model related to WAN optimization
- Experience with VMWare or cloud based solutions is advantage
- Customer focused, presentation skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Overall knowledge of WAN and DC technologies is required
- Unix – user level skills
- Perl, Python or VBS scripting is advantage
- Strong Team Player
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines in a fast pace changing environment
-Organized, detail oriented and flexible
- Innovative person, capable to adapt to a new requirements and drive the change
-Person capable to keep focus on result and take ownership of assigned project
- Problem solver
- Analytical thinking
Education and Qualifications:
- Riverbed, Cisco WAAS, Cisco Data Center or any other network optimization certification is advantage
Working hours: As needed EMEA with flexibility to work US hours if needed