Job Summary & Responsibilities:
Operation & Maintenance of Linux/Windows servers and enterprise applications in the scope. Assures the correct functionality by following the routine and fault prevention guidelines (check and act upon alarms, logs, system monitor indicators)
Performing both proactive and reactive activities in a scheduled manner or on demand; Takes action before problems become critical: system/hardware failures, hanged processes, scripts not having desired output, application errors, data flows etc
Ensuring that the services provided to our customers are continuously available and performing up to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels;
Understanding the customer’s network and systems architecture, liaise with applications experts, operations staff and users to determine requirements and provide quick resolution for technical issues.
Ericsson Expert Analytics is a telecom analytics solution that measures all perceived customer experiences based on metrics and events from network nodes, probes, devices, OSS/BSS and other sources.
It goes beyond traditional big data analytics by incorporating the domain knowledge that makes the solution telecom-ready, based on Ericsson’s deep network experience and user research, and offers the most advanced customer experience management capabilities. This includes delivering actionable insights that drive new revenue growth and improve customer experiences.
Creates new scripts to improve the functionality or prevention activities.
- 3 years or more of exposure to IT systems at administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (e.g. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage)
- Unix based and Windows administration medium knowledge or upper.
- POSIX (bash, perl, SQL scripting, Windows batch scripting) used to automatize different system tasks – basic to medium knowledge level.
- Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represents an advantage)
- Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, MS SQL, MS Access)
- Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements, on-call duty one week per month.
Nice to have requirements:
Mobile telecommunication systems knowledge
Administration or user experience with Performance Management Systems (data processing, parsing, database loading and export / visualization)
Experience with Hadoop administration.
Education: University degree (Polytechnics represents an advantage)