As a Technical Sales Manager for Threat Management and Protection, you will:
Develop and lead an excellent, high performing technical sales team that helps customers make sound technical decisions and maximize the adoption and value of Microsoft’s Modern Workplace solutions
• Attract the best technical sales people from the market, develop talent, and work with individuals on career plans.
• Drive for in-depth knowledge of the industry's IT technologies and competitors, and map relevant solutions to each industry's and customer's IT and Business needs.
• Support your team's efforts to build deep skills on core technologies and broad knowledge of adjacent solutions.
Manage for technical and sales excellence to drive customer success and Microsoft growth
• Your strategic knowledge will lead your team to actively work with customers, to define clear technical decision criteria for all opportunities, and to develop plans that help customers deploy and consume our products and services.
Inspire others to take positive actions by being a technical leader and effective influencer
• You will demonstrate Microsoft's business value internally and externally by showcasing our technology innovations.
• Drive cross group experiences that support increased sales and consumption.
• Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
• Encourage deep community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
Who We Are Looking For
Technical Sales Leader
• Experienced. 10+ years of related experience in technical sales leadership roles and coaching architecture and solution sales required.
• Bold. Strong experience leading and executing on Technology Visions preferred.
• Recruiting. Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of great technical sales talents required.
• Coach. Proven experience developing a high-performance team through continuous coaching, and inspiration required.
• Energy Generator. Able to achieve and maintain high organizational health and satisfaction scores preferred.
• Performer. Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations required.
• Management excellence. Solid record of managing business operations and processes required.
• Scale engine. Experience working with partners and other technical resources preferred.
Technology Thought Leader
• Passionate for technology. Constant and contagious desire to learn new technologies required.
• Customer Voice. Ability to identify new technical and business trends and needs, and serves as the customer's voice into Microsoft required.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, or in Business Administration required.
• Master's degree required.
• Certification in sales, sales management, complex sales training, sales methodologies, broad evangelism through events (presentation skills), and consultative selling desired.
• Additional training or education in Enterprise Architecture preferred.