We are currently seeking developers who are passionate about native mobile app development and who feel lost when separated from their mobile devices. We’re looking for IOS developers who know that Swift isn’t just a synonym for fast and possibly have experience with Objective-C as well. We are also looking for Android developers who know the ins and outs of Google’s version of Java, the associated APIs and have some idea as to what “O” is going to stand for. Candidates should also have good UI/UX intuition, enjoy learning new things and thrive in an intensive, highly productive environment.
Develop native mobile apps that run on either Android or IOS. The apps will respond quickly to user actions, have low power requirements and include functions such as: user signup and registration, entitlement checking, choosing a service plan or bundle, upgrading to a more appropriate service plan, making payments, resetting cable boxes, allocating data between wireless accounts and many more customer friendly capabilities. A key responsibility is to use your creativity to produce interfaces that are not constrained by small form factors and work well on larger tablets.
Detailed Responsibilities include:
- Creating native mobile apps with lower power consumption and which respond quickly to user inputs
- Developing in one or more of Objective-C, Swift, or Java
- Creating applications for either Android or IOS (or possibly both).
- Working with services developers and architects to create services that can be called without incurring excessive data use
- Doing initial unit testing of features in native mobile apps after they are developed
- Working closely with UX and UI designers to help them understand the constraints of native mobile applications so that they produce usable designs
- A university degree in engineering or computer science is highly desirable
- 3-5 years experience in building native mobile apps is highly desirable
- Knowledge of one or more of: Objective-C, Swift, Android Java and the APIs associated with each of these
- Demonstrated ability to create native mobile applications that respond quickly to user input and have low power consumption, either through prior experience, school projects or apps you have built to showcase your skills
- You truly love to code as evidenced by prior projects and experience
- Exceptional communications skills