- Writing reliable and robust code, with the ability to use TDD being an asset.
- Creating unit and regression tests with sufficient code coverage.
- Creating web services that respond in low numbers of milliseconds.
- Taking an active role in creating architectural principles and standards and promoting their use across the team.
- Making code fault-tolerant and implementing proper logging, monitoring and manageability.
- Working closely with our infrastructure team to solve DevOps problems.
- Building systems that manage our deployment pipeline, using tools such as Bamboo and Ansible.
- Writing code that uses both non-relational and relational databases.
- Working closely with the front-end development team and architects to produce software solutions.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Computer engineering or a related discipline.
- 10+ years programming experience overall in one or more of Ruby, Java, Scala, Python, C#, C++ or
- 3-5 years Mobile development utilizing either iOS/Android
- Experience with REST API's
- Prior experience with Play/Akka and Cassandra would be an asset
- You truly love to code as evidenced by prior projects and experience
- 5+ years writing code that uses SQL and relational databases
- Exceptional communications skills