- You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the application of Altera's internal EDA tools, principally the Quartus Prime Design Suite QPDS, in the implementation of electronic system designs using Intel PSG's FPGA products as the delivery platform.
- You will deliver expert level reactive and proactive technical support in these areas to our customers, sales teams direct and channel and partners as necessary. This may include the delivery of formal or informal training and customer visits where this would assist in the resolution of specific issues.
- The proactive aspects of the position will require participation in development projects, possibly as part of an international, cross organisational team and may include the generation of documentation and other mission critical collateral such as reference designs. To be effective in this role you will need to develop strong local, regional and international intra and inter organisational communication and co-operation in a team-based environment.
- You will be required to manage technical support activities in an efficient manner utilising the issue management systems that are available in the company and work with the rest of the application engineering team and the extended field team to prioritise issues effectively based on our business objectives.
- You will be expected to maintain a high level of technical expertise by identifying and communicating your development requirements, and attending suitable internal and external training activities.
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Electronic Engineering or equivalent in addition to 3+ years of relevant work experience in a design or technical support role.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
- The ability to work flexibly in a multi-tasking team environment.
- You should be a self-starter who is able to set their own goals and deliver output to a high standard.
- Excellent technical knowledge with skills and experience in, FPGA or ASIC design using Verilog/VHDL.
- You should be familiar with all aspects of the design flow from concept to silicon and should be familiar with design-entry, synthesis, floor-planning, place and route, simulation, static timing analysis and on-chip debug.
- Existing experience in the use of Intel PSG's design tools would be desirable, but not essential.
- Experience with Intel PSG's silicon products would be useful, but not mandatory.
- Some experience in the use of scripting languages e.g. tcl would be of value.
- Knowledge of operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or UNIX and related system administration activities would be useful.
- Good communication skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.