Apply for this job now
Main purpose of the role
We are looking to recruit a number of Banking Business Analysts into our Banking and Diversified Financials Practice, based in Manchester. We’d particularly like to hear from you if you have experience working in retail banking. These roles represent a unique opportunity build your career as a Business Analyst or gain further exposure to some of the UKs top banking institutions. All roles are permanent, full-time positions.
Some of the tasks you’ll be involved in:
• Provision of specific domain expertise to enable delivery teams
• Working with delivery teams to translate the end user requirements to application/system requirements
• Capturing, analysing and documenting functional requirements
• Reviewing requirements documents prepared by developers
• Business process modelling – investigating operational requirements, issues and opportunities to seek effective solutions
• Translating end user application/system requirements and ensuring the delivery team has a thorough understanding of these requirements
• Challenging the business where appropriate to manage expectations and highlight risks/issues
• Preparation of test scenarios and management of integration and system testing
Skills and Experience needed:
Past experience as an IT Business Analyst in the retail banking industry
Hands-on experience writing user stories
Proven track record of creating clear, concise deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of business needs
Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
Experience operating and interfacing with business management, including negotiation and presentation skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Understands communication channels and escalates appropriately
Strong initiative; able to self-manage
Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work through it to get the right things done
Must be able to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
Personal time management skills and ability to meet individual and team deadlines
Experience using standard project and business tools including Rally, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint
Team player who works well with technical and business resources.
Proficient with process modelling tools (e.g., Visio, IBM Blueworks).
Experienced with Agile SCRUM methodology and business analysis methodologies; working knowledge of business analysis documentation standards
Experience with other visualization tools is beneficial