In this role you would have the opportunity to work on products used by top media and entertainment companies all around the world as part of their content preparation workflow.
About the Team
How would you feel about the opportunity to work for a company that runs one of the largest distributed software platforms in the world, handling as much as 30% of the world’s Internet traffic?
The Media Division is responsible for all of the software used to deliver, download, store, and manage digital media and other content via the Akamai platform. You will be part of a highly skilled engineering team responsible for creating software that runs on Akamai's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world.
* Develop test cases based on feature design requirements and code changes.
* Work on an Agile team collaborating closely with Development
* Lead test efforts for major releases or within Agile sprints
* Mentor team members and junior engineers
* Design and develop object oriented automation frameworks
* Automate test cases using Python or similar object oriented scripting language.
* Bring industry best practices into the team and our projects
* Provide strategic vision for automation and testing
* Investigate and analyze root causes of technical issues and document found software defects.
* Verify and validate the media streaming components using white-box, black-box, and performance testing techniques.
* Manage test lab environment and apply networking expertise.
* Produce testing time estimates for assigned features.
* Track and report testing status.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Understanding of testing methodologies: white box, black box, functional, automated, performance
* 5+ years as a QA engineer working with server and network related technologies
* 3+ years working in automated test environments
* 3+ years programming/scripting in at least one object oriented language (Python, C++, Java, Perl, etc.)
* 5+ years of hands-on experience working in Linux.
* 3+ years working with networking concepts and web technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP.
* 3+ years working with Agile methodologies on one or more projects.
* Exposure to noSQL Databases like CouchDB.
* Experience testing REST based API interfaces.
* Experience working with media streaming technologies a plus: Apple HLS, MPEG DASH, encoding technologies (H.264/AAC).