The Senior Security Sales Executive is a quota carrying sales professional with deep security industry knowledge spanning traditional security disciplines and emerging security trends. The primary goal of the Security Sales Specialist is to partner with the direct sales force to increase their security solution pipeline and over achieve unit and GMRR targets in a defined territory. By leveraging a strong security and technical background, the Senior Security Sales Specialist will partner with Akamai Sales teams to deepen Akamai’s standing in the industry, direct executive-level customer engagement and close strategic deals.
As a Senior Security Sales Specialist you will be responsible for:
* Drive Security Product adoption with existing customers as well as new prospects.
* Manage the pipeline for Security products within specific territory.
* Evangelize Akamai’s Security portfolio internally (with sales) and externally.
* Work closely with product management to enhance new releases.
About the Team
This role will report into the Strategic Product Sales team. This team is responsible for driving the adoption of our new and emerging technologies across all verticals within North America.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD
* 7+ years of Sales experience.
* 7+ years in system / solution sales within large Enterprise accounts.
* 7+ years of experience in the Internet Security field.
* Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals.
* Deep security industry knowledge spanning traditional security disciplines and emerging security trends.
* Must have strong knowledge of Internet Security landscape.
* Strong background in Internet infrastructure and/or enterprise solution software required.
* Strong background in Web based applications a plus.
* Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Akamai service offerings.
* Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs.
* Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List.
* Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of Internet industry-related contacts.
* Must have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to work with other teams.
* Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
* Ability to build and maintain high credibility with both Akamai sales teams and strategic customers.
* Formal sales training: Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred.