The Associate Director, Technical Business Development will actively contribute to Android technology innovation while helping to develop and maintain strategic partnerships that are crucial to the development of cutting-edge mobile devices, such as smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, and set-top boxes. This position will engage in mobile product development and work collaboratively with Huawei Device engineering teams located in North America and worldwide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interface with top technology partners and contribute new ideas for mobile innovation and mobile device technologies.
• Define new mobile products and clarify requirements and technical specifications with customers and partners.
• Manage negotiation process and communication with key partners and provide constructive suggestions to management team.
• Work closely with internal engineers and external technology partners as Technical Program Manager when necessary.
• Demonstrate a high level of adaptability to work effectively with international engineering teams.
• Foster innovative ideas and oversee prototype development for review and approval process.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS (Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
Minimum: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree
Major/Discipline: Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum: 7+ years of experience in the mobile device industry
Preferred: 10+ years of experience in the mobile device industry
Skills & Abilities: (Technical or General):
• Knowledge of the lifecycle and development process of smartphone and new wearable devices.
• Knowledge of the GTM process and key focus of the competitive handset devices.
• Proven flexibility while working successfully within global organizations.
• Experience in innovation and working with diverse teams to drive results.
• Experience in product management and team management at large companies.
• Experience in mobile product development and related technologies, such as imaging algorithms, multimedia, etc.
• Program management experience in the mobile device industry.
• Experience in project management with successful track record of mobile product launches.