The Senior Project Manager is expected to hit the ground running and must have the following:
Experience managing work and relationships in a volatile environment
Ability to work under the direction of a program manager
Flexibility in that while the PM will be accountable for a specific area of work, he/she may be needed for support in other areas
Independent, critical thinker vs. order taker
Experience with MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, and Office
Excellent relationship building and maintenance skills are a must
Candidate must exhibit excellent verbal and written skills.
Job Level Specific Duties
• Manages multiple medium to large-sized projects or a single highly complex project.
• Has extensive interaction with senior leadership within the customer.
• Determines and coordinates the sharing of leveraged resources among projects.
• Defines and implements project and program management standards and processes within NTT DATA and across client engagements.
• Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for project management process improvements.
Typical Years of Experience
• Typically requires 5+ years relevant experience.
Minimum Education and Certifications
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* PMP highly preferred.
• Graduate degree preferred.
• Advanced understanding software development projects.
• Demonstrates advanced proficiency in the specific tools that are available and required as part of the company's project management information system.
• Advanced ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans.
• Advanced ability to ensure that effective project controls are in place to monitor project or program performance.
• Advanced capability at providing effective performance reporting for the customer and company in order to monitor the progress of the project.
• Advanced facilitation and communication skills.