Senior Java Developer - Products & Innovation Tools
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Development Tools India is part of the P&I Operations organization within the Products and Innovation board-area at SAP.
We are a software development team responsible for defining, designing and developing applications that support the entire product development organization at SAP (Developers, Product Owners et al) in their daily work.
To create and deliver great products, the Developers of our products must have great experiences. We are responsible for creating and setting the benchmark for Development Tools.
We work in an open and highly collaborative environment, follow Agile Development principles and focus strongly on people development.
One part of our team is focused on application development in Java.
We are looking for a senior software developer to join this agile and dynamic team.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Roles and responsibilities include:
• Software Development focused on product requirements, design, coding, testing and maintenance of product features.
• Leading a team to successfully deliver complex topics with accurate effort estimates and high quality.
• Following programming standards and conventions.
• Driving Customer Engagement activities for our topics.
• Working collaboratively in co-located and cross-located teams.
• Mentoring junior colleagues in the team towards successful delivery.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong programming skills in Java
• REST Web services
• Version control systems (e.g. Git / Perforce / SVN)
• Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL)
• Application servers (e.g. Tomcat)
• Design Patterns
• Java performance analysis (Heap Dump, Thread Dump)
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor of Engineering preferably in Computer Science OR Equivalent Degree
WORK EXPERIENCE -Overall 7 - 10 years of experience in developing software applications in Java and related technologies.
WORK LOCATION - Bangalore
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.