We are looking for talented graduates to join our SAP HANA Database team in Walldorf within the following focus areas:
Low-level Data Management and Query Execution
High performance query execution on huge data sets requires in HANA’s column-oriented data store a sophisticated transactional data management and highly optimized evaluation algorithms, and optimizations for latest and upcoming hardware technologies like RDMA and NVM. If you dare, and if you like working on highly abstract topics, you’re more than welcome to apply!
SAP HANA as top-notch distributed Relational Database
Lots of additional functions and algorithms are required on top of the column store to realize HANA as a cost-efficient high performance distributed database, with high availability guarantees, and with support for multiple query languages and domain-specific extensions. We’re strengthening our team across the board!
SAP HANA Performance Team
Performance is a key asset of the SAP HANA database. We operate a dedicated team to work on performance related topics. You will primarily analyze and optimize existing and planned system components written in C++. Furthermore, you analyze, optimize and consult on internal and external stakeholder scenarios. Additionally, the team helps safeguard future releases against performance regressions.
SAP HANA Spatial and Graph Engines
HANA comes with extraordinary support for spatial data and for graph queries. The teams develop and implement specialized high-performance algorithms and indices, and conducts research on new ways to process spatial and graph data.
SAP HANA Database Diagnostics
HANA diagnostics include various system views, system procedures providing insight into HANA engines / resource usage and tracing features from logical execution plan to thread level analysis. As part of this team, you collect requirements, create designs and enhance / implement new features. You will work with various HANA components to provide diagnostic features with strong customer focus, to provide diagnostics helping the customers to efficiently use HANA.
In all focus areas, you can expect to…
• Write software implementations using C++
• Write regression tests for your own code using various programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, SQL) and testing frameworks (e.g. Google C++ Testing Framework)
• Conduct code reviews and code audits to spot opportunities for improvements with respect to usability, testability, supportability, or potential performance penalties
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Strong C++ programming skills and experience in implementing performance-critical algorithms
• Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
• Familiarity with relational database management systems
• Ability to analyze and debug complex problems
• Good university degree in computer science or related technical discipline
• Verbal and written working proficiency in English and German
• Familiarity with C++ development on linux
• Familiarity with continuous integration concepts and tools e.g. Git, Gerrit
• Experience with code-analysis tools e.g. Valgrind, Intel Amplifier, Cppchecker
• Experience with test driven development and continuous integration (gerrit, unit tests)
• Python programming skills
We are looking for candidates who are committed to a technolog