This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Project Manager for our Disability Programme. At Virgin Media we believe that everyone should have a great experience with us - whether that’s working for us or enjoying our products and services . To support this, the Project Manager for our Disability Programme will play a key role in enabling this vision by overseeing the successful delivery of an integrated programme of activities.
Taking ownership for the running the Disability Programme on behalf of the Chief People Officer, duties within this role will be wide ranging, but ultimately will cover:
* Working across three core pillars of activity (Strategy, People and Customer) to partner with project leaders and their teams to develop a set of coherent plans to deliver Virgin Media’s disability ambitions.
* Reporting to the People Director for Employee Experience, but on a day-to-day basis working closely with work stream leads and members of the programme team.
* Working with the Head of Sustainability, contributing to the delivery of the Programme Communications Plan.
* Producing and maintaining a detailed master project plan to cover the three core pillars of activity.
* Developing and maintaining key project documents including logs of risks, issues and lessons learnt.
* Coordinating activities between team members, third parties and consultants to ensure everyone has a shared set of expectations around deliverables, progress and what success looks like.
* Gathering, analysing and presenting data intelligently to drive effective programme outcomes and manage risk.
* Developing a high-level dashboard and producing regular status reports to plot, track and communicate progress against plan.
* Proactively monitoring resource and applying creative solutions to ensure the programme delivers on time, within budget and to agreed standards.
* Organising and leading team meetings and updates, reporting back on key issues and questions raised.
* Resolving any areas of cross-functional ambiguity, enabling the smooth running of the programme, escalating issues where required.
* Acting as a central resource for the programme team, providing tools, data and project management expertise to drive efficiency and insight.
* Liaising with other People Leadership team, Customer Leadership team and internal subject matter experts as needed.
* Delivering results within agreed tolerances of time, cost, quality, scope, risk, impact and benefit.
* Supporting the Chief People Officer to prepare for and update Executive Committee and Ethics Committee members.
* Coordinating agencies and third parties as required.
Everyone in our People Team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver in a fast paced environment. If you join us as a Project Manager - Disability Programme we would want you to have:
* Proven experience of successfully managing projects and working with project management systems and tools.
* Outstanding organisational skills, with the ability to organise and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously.
* Strong analytical abilities, combined with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Financially literate with budget management experience.
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex information in a way that everyone understands.