This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as a Senior Category Manager VMB You will form an important and integral role in our large and diverse matrix organisation. The role will provide valuable sourcing support to Virgin Media Business division which manages the company’s business to business contracts.
So why Virgin Media? We are delivering the biggest investment in the UK’s digital infrastructure for over a decade, with a huge programme to extend our ultrafast broadband network and brilliant Virgin TV to 17 million homes and businesses. We’re challenging our competitors with the best services and the fastest speeds.
Your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
* Develop both purchasing and category strategies to deliver procurement requirements to support cost reductions, supplier rationalisation plans.
* Optimise with assistance from legal terms and conditions of contract, to comply with Liberty’s Golden Rules and other minimum level positions.
* Ensure a transparent and rigorous supplier selection process, balancing group procurement recommendations with business stakeholder requirements.
* Lead third party negotiations and manage commercial interface with suppliers, ensuring delivery of sound commercial procurement contracts.
* Bold and objective communication with stakeholders, whilst showing an understanding of stakeholder strategy and compliance with company’s rules and guidelines.
* Liaise with other procurement category leads to ensure best deal is negotiated and any synergies are used to advantage.
* Build robust relationships with internals business stakeholders and suppliers to drive innovation and best commercial deals.
* Assist Commercial Teams and Sales teams with procurement support for front end customer deals and bid support.
* Support business operations to lead and or resolve any supplier disputes related to support level breaches and provide guidance for resolutions or further senior escalation.
* Work with finance and business stakeholders to document and approve any savings and cost reductions and record these in company’s CRM systems.
* Support the company’s governance processes ensuring policy compliance is maintained at all times.
Everyone in our Procurement team has a proactive approach to work, with a keen eye for detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines. If you join us as a Senior Category Manager VMB we would want you to have:
* In-depth procurement experience within the IT technology, Networks, Software, Services categories are desirable, specifically across software and managed services, including Cloud.
* Engaging and able to influence at senior levels of business, shaping the IT procurement agenda to achieve exceptional results.
* Commercial acumen and a track record of delivering exceptional value from supplier relationships.
* Excellent communication skills both written and spoken, Excellent Networking Skills
* Able to work independently and in a team including virtual and remotely.
* Excellent skills in MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
* Good Analytical Skills, coupled with general understanding of business contracts and their applications in different situations
* Degree or equivalent (desirable)
* CIPS (desirable)