Role of the Director Strategy (Applications & Analytics):
- Define top-level A&A strategy together with the A&A President and the A&A Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Run specific strategy projects with virtual teams across A&A and Nokia to define and detail aspects of A&A and Nokia strategy
- Engage with potential partners and/ or acquisition targets for strategic business development and support M&A projects
- Support the A&A Product Unit leaders and their team with analyses and recommendations in defining their strategy and solving business problems and questions
- Develop thought leadership on latest software technologies, developments, and trends and help Nokia leverage them for accelerating its corporate strategic agenda
- Support within the A&A SBD team
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
- Experience in the communications and/ or the software industries (5-10 years) and understanding of the customers’ needs in CSP and enterprises. Experience in the software industry is particularly desired, to expand the CSD team’s talent in this area.
- Proven strategic thinking, and the ability to “connect the dots” between technology trends and business opportunities
- Superior analytical skills, and ability to analyze markets, businesses, and business proposals with qualitative and quantitative rigor
- Ability to establish trust and lead cross-functional teams from within and outside A&A, building and continuously expanding a network of working relationships in all relevant areas
- Ability to quickly get familiar with new topic areas, work hypothesis-driven, focus on the relevant aspects and contribute rapidly and meaningful
- Senior-level skills in executive communication in verbal and written form
- Ability to comfortably and effectively deal with ambiguity, align different stakeholders and viewpoints, and maneuver complex situations