Linear Technology, now part of Analog Devices, is seeking a self-motivated Analog/Power IC Design Engineer for our Cary, NC Design Center to design high performance DC/DC converter products targeted at automotive and industrial markets.
Your responsibilities will include the full range of product development activities (but are not limited to):
• Product definition
• Transistor-level circuit design and simulation
• Understanding of device-level operation and physics
• System and block level simulation
• Evaluate and troubleshoot complex integrated circuit problems in the laboratory
• Interface with test, product and applications engineering to successfully bring new products from initial concept through production release
• Applications support
• Datasheet creation
The ideal candidate must have the following key requirements for this position:
• BSEE or MSEE with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience with a strong background in analog design.
• Experience with various DC/DC power conversion topologies.
• Understanding of control systems as related to DC/DC power conversions.
• Strong background in device physics and semiconductor processing
• Independent and creative problem solver.