• Provide Remote Technical Support (RTS) for the Nuage SDN solutions and associated network elements.
• Interface, develop and maintain strong relationships with external and internal remotely to troubleshoot/answer questions. This will involve accessing the remote sites, reviewing log files, coordinating the duplicating or testing of the issue, gathering traces, logs, files, translations, etc., for critical support, and so on. There will be occasions when this work will need to be performed during the customer site's maintenance window during their maintenance window time zone.
• Assist with debugging complex product installations, resolves complicated product problems by applying both established procedures and creative alternatives.
• Interface, develop and maintain strong relationships with regional TEC (Technical Expertise Centers), Solution Teams and Product Business Units.
• Ensure external and internal customer trouble tickets tracked are continuously updated and maintained per the Nokia processes.
• Prepare reports on problems encountered and methods of resolution applied ensuring overall system integrity and reliability
• Bachelor's degree/College Diploma in Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Software Defined Networking (SDN) engineering, concepts and service models
• Data Centre experience including HP Servers, Citrix, Network protocols and IETF Standards
• Knowledge with Cloud Management Systems (CMS) such as VMware vCloud, OpenStack, CloudStack
• Good understanding Virtual Private Network L2 and L3 solutions and OSPF, BGP, Routing/Switching protocols and XMPP
• Proficient with Linux operating systems – CentOS - RHEL
• Knowledge of IP/MPLS, routing and switching techniques.
• Ability to write scripts at a Unix/Linux level (bash, python)
• Strong hands-on experience in troubleshooting software or network problems
• Has a “can do” attitude to persist in face of complex work to produce positive results
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have outstanding time management skills, be able to handle multiple issues at the same time, and be able to prioritize those issues, so that we meet customer expectations.
• Strong Interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to internal and external customers.
• Self-motivated with proven record as a self-starter.
Very Adaptable with ability to learn new technologies, products, processes, quickly and without formal training.