Huawei’s is looking to hire a Distinguished Engineer to enable a Huawei’s Platform as a Service efforts. The Program aims to provide a scalable “generic” platform supporting not only telecom capability but also IT based services.
Huawei is seeking an experienced engineering professional with a proven track record for leading high performance engineering teams to design or prototype to a schedule.
Responsibilities for the Platform include:
· To analyze technology trends & define the architecture for Platform as a Service, towards an “agile” & “scalable” platform for building services related to CT & IT technologies.
· To cooperate with the HQ research team and product teams on related projects and provide guidance to the engineers to find innovative solutions.
· Lead the agile R&D team to develop the product or prototype as a pilot process for the official product development.
· To setup a local team to work on the research project based on above content and guide the junior engineers.
· Be a key spokesperson for Huawei’s platform activities Aid in the selection of technology partners
· Coordinate roadmap of deliverables with multiple cross functional teams in Huawei
Should be from a technology company background (vs bank, medical, car, insurance or any other non technology field focused company).
· A minimum of fifteen years experience as a computer engineer/scientist working on the research and design of systems.
· A minimum of five years computer architects in the design of large software and storage systems.
· Experience in leading teams to define architectures for products or systems designed to support core OS and middleware technologies.
· A deep understanding in with Cloud Computation and PaaS products in Google, IBM, Oracle, Microsoft Re or other Well-known IT companies.
· Familiar with architecture of kubernetes and key technological of PaaS such as Service integration Framework, Micro Services, DevOps, Docker , MQ and other PaaS key technology.
· Familiar with Linux stack and IaaS
· A proven track delivering large software systems to a predefined schedule
· Experience in building large IT systems will be a big plus
Education: Master degree or a PhD in Computer Science or related field