Job Role Summary:
The candidate will join the Process Computer Control organization of the Esso Refinery at Augusta with the role of Application Engineer. He/she will work in a team of Application Engineers to implement and maintain control schemes and advanced control applications to allow the site process units to run safely and at optimum operating conditions. He/she will work together with experienced Applications Engineers located in central organizations and colleagues at other ExxonMobil sites in other countries. A positive attitude towards team work and diversity is a requirement due to international environment in which he/she will work. Application engineers attend advanced training courses by Vendors and ExxonMobil abroad to develop/maintain the high level of expertise required by their role in the organization.
• Implement and support process control schemes on DCSs (Digital Control Systems). Loop tuning will be his/her responsibilities.
• Identifying, implementing and supporting advanced control applications to optimize unit operations ranging from simple to complex multivariable applications. Loop tuning will be part of his/her responsibilities. These goals may require tests on process units to be led by him/her.
• Implement and support software platforms developed by Vendor and/or ExxonMobil central organizations to support process operations personnel in their daily tasks.
• Issuing documentation on the developed applications/tools to be used by console personnel and train them on existing/implemented ones to meet their training program.
• Monitoring the performance of existing application and interact with other Refinery Organization to identify opportunities for improvements, modifications required to meet new process conditions, fixes.
• Supporting site organizations during unit’s shut-downs and start-ups, project design and implementation phases when process control is in its scope.
• Chemical or automation master degree in Engineering.
• Previous experiences in oil and gas industry or petrochemicals; demonstrated ability to learn process operations with respect to successful implementation and sustainment of process control applications.
• 3-5 yrs. of experience in advanced process control areas and DCS platforms.
• Fluency in Italian and English