Reporting within Symantec Infrastructure Services you will be part of Symantec’s established Network Services team. You will be a Firewall Engineer supporting Firewall Infrastructure in an DevOps role in a large enterprise. The ideal candidate will possess 8+ years of Firewall experience combined with a solid background in Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA/Firepower, Fortinet and Azure technologies.
• Support of Production, Lab, Test, Dev/QA firewall environment.
• Apply global information security office network access standards and security zone standards to build firewall rule policies in respect of production support and change requests.
• Work as a key member of Network Support team with broad knowledge of currently supported firewall and VPN technologies.
• Support of firewalls to support functions like Partner Site to Site VPN connections, application deployments, lab separation and internet egress.
• Supports the firewall infrastructure. Be engaged with engineering for project related work or needed changes to environment as needed.
• Provide Level 2/3 support for Operations during business-critical incidents requiring knowledge of incident management, change management, troubleshooting methods & tools, log review, monitoring, alerting & reporting. This will include interfacing with Data Center Operations teams when end to end client server troubleshooting is required.
• Ability to be on call for after-hours support.
• Strong skills in technical documentation.
• Experience in editing/maintain technical documentation, ability to read and interpret network diagrams and knowledge of trouble ticketing.
• Demonstrate an understanding of role of firewall in different situations including application delivery, lab separation and internet egress.
• Strong knowledge of the operation of Juniper Netscreen/SRX, Cisco ASA/Firepower/FTD, Juniper/Pulse Secure VPN and their limitations and deployment scenarios,
• Experience in using sniffers and packet captures to resolve production issues.
• Demonstrated expertise of networking knowledge including a thorough understanding of the OSI model through TCP/IP layers 2 through 7.
• Strong understanding of NSPM tools such as Juniper NSM, JunOS Space, Cisco ASDM, CSM, Tufin for delivery of uniform global policies across multiple firewalls for security and policy management including device configuration.
• Understand how business application requirements drive Firewall policy and rule sets.
• Ability to work with business requestors to translate business requirement, match against security polices and convert into firewall rule sets.
• Good understanding of ACL’s and when they would be deployed to compliment or in place of firewalls.
• Familiarity with VPN technologies including Pulse Secure, Cisco ASA VPN and other flavours of client VPNs.
• Any exposure to Fortinet, Cisco ISE, F5, Bluecoat Proxy, Packetshaper is a big plus.
• Vendor security certifications, including CCNA, CCSA, CCSE, JNCIS, and JNCIA is a plus.
• Good spoken and written English, Good Communicator, and comfortable in speaking with Senior Management