This vacancy is for a Post Production Edit Assistant based at the Ericsson Production Centre at Channel 4’s headquarters in Victoria. The Production Centre provides Post Production facilities (including VT dubbing) for Channel 4’s internal departments such as editing audio and video for Promos and Trailers for E4, More 4, Film Four, BoxTV and Channel 4 as well as re-versioning many programmes for legal and compliance reasons.
The role is suitable for someone with previous experience working in post production who will provide operational support to the Avid suites and who will thrive on working in our busy Digital Media area. This role demands someone who is naturally organised and can juggle multiple requests.
· To carry out routine operations such as conforms, file exports, Video AAFs, EDLs, digicuts and digitising into Avid Media Composer and managing media within an Avid Interplay environment.
· To assist all editing staff and clients with attended and unattended bookings as required.
· To carry out simple editing tasks as requested by Bookings or Editors.
· To do all manner of file transfers using various encoding software and hardware within the Digital Media area.
· Knowledge of current file formats and the ability to deal with various codecs, DCP, DPP files
· To carry out tasks using HDCam SR and Digibeta decks.
· To communicate and react efficiently and effectively to urgent bookings as and when requested by the Bookings Team.
· To guide freelance editors and creatives on how workflow and media housekeeping is managed at the Production Centre.
· To manage movement of files and tapes including all paperwork associated with media as required
· To work as part of a team and maintain good working relationships and service levels with clients.
•Experience working in a busy post production environment
•Solid working knowledge of Avid Media Composer
•Understanding of shared storage systems such as Avid Unity / ISIS
•Knowledge of tapeless formats and processes
•Solid knowledge of decks and tape formats
•Good general IT and problem solving skills
•Excellent client-facing skills.
Experience & Knowledge (ideally)
•Experience in Avid Interplay
•Experience with Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro
•Knowledge of Scheduling software
•Knowledge of Pro Tools, Smoke Assist, After Effects and Photoshop
•Understanding of R128 and PSE