Main responsibility area:
To process and monitor accounting transactions and reporting in accordance with process design, concept and service levels defined in the Service Description. To proactively perform preventive quality controls and to take corrective actions when errors occur. Defined responsibility area in FSS Report to Record. FSS R2R Closing team is mainly responsible for FI period closing in SAP R/3.
Detailed job description:
• Acts as accounting specialist in daily problem solving in any closing issue
• Processing of Closing related postings (journal entries in HC, global accruals, statutory reopenings, quarterly tax accruals)
• Prepare B/S reconciliations monthly for R2R Closing accounts by the given deadline. Update the Deviation report per each company code monthly and save it to Sharenet. Follow and solve deviations. Issue resolution based on Balance Sheet deviation report including proposals for actions.
• Responsible for taking part in different projects and act actively as closing professional to ensure that NSN accounting principles are followed.
• Responsible for FI period closing in SAP R/3. Ensure that global closing runs are completed by the given deadline. Solve issues in co-operation with IT team and/or other FSS service teams.
• Ensure the quality of all own responsibilities by performing according to agreed frequency and whenever there is additional need.
• Support the team members in problem solving in daily issues
• Is responsible to provide training to team members, local service providers, other FSS service teams, controllers and other possible parties about closing topics
• Advice the partners in closing matters proactively
• Update the team’s instructions and flow charts
• Gather the requested measures and statistics on monthly basis
• University or college degree in accounting.
• Good skills in Microsoft Office.
• Minimum of 3 year' experience in FSS environment at Accounting department
• Understand the posting flow in R/3 and understand it's relation to business
• Knowledge of own responsibility area and basic Understanding of other FSS processes
• Strong accounting and analytical skills
• Fluent English knowledge is required
• Customer service oriented.
• Good team working skills