Motorola Mobility (a Lenovo Company) is one of the world’s fastest growing Smartphone providers, creating groundbreaking, affordable, high-quality products designed and built with the global customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen. We are thinkers, risk-takers and problem solvers, working together to constantly challenge the status quo. If you share our commitment to ingenuity, creativity and innovation, we want you to help us define our world of tomorrow. Explore the opportunities and apply today.
Europe Finance Controller, Support local Sales VP as one member of his regular Staff and interact with Regional Directors for the Business (Marketing, Supply, Procurement, Legal)
Scope Of Responsibility/Expectation
This role will responsible for managing our Finance Department for Europe Region, managing and leading our local finance team in UK and other European location, also driving cost saving and supporting a professional sales team among the Region.
• Support Sales VP, as one of his key Staff Member
• Responsible for Financial Performance for the Region
• Weekly/monthly reporting of scorecard performance for Regional P&L.
• Responsible for Business Planning and Financial Execution on annual, quarterly, monthly basis.
• Evaluate Regional results against established goals and Global Strategy.
• Sustaining support for continuous business and process improvement.
• Gathers, interprets, and evaluates financial information, including past financial data and short- to long-term financial forecasts
• Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
• Gathers data and prepares reports and strategic presentations.
• Provides well-informed observations, analysis, and recommendations.
• Review and ensure accounting month-end closing activities.
• Coach and lead our local Finance Team.
• Ensure all legal, finance and human resources policies are being met and adhered to along with local regulations.
• Evaluate the adequacy of existing business processes and systems and drive implementation and improvement of to align with company and business goals.
• Organize team activities.
• Management of documents and contracts with legal for customer negotiation as required.
• Position requires a Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 years of Finance experience with at least +5 years prior experience managing complex business market and leading a Senior Finance Team in a similar Tech Industry.
• Experience with interfacing to customers and senior executives directly with the ability to articulate business issues and customer requests.
• Fluent in English language for day to day communications.
• Must be self-motivated and drive performance, innovation to support best in class team.
• Committed to continuously improving business performance across the region with strong collaboration skills, aligning strategy with leaders in Finance organization.
• Create strong motivational working environment that enables long term career opportunities for all employees across the organization.
• Experience working in a Matrix Management environment
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time independently under conditions of uncerta