Are you interested in making an impact on Cisco’s success in the security market? Do you have strong product forecasting, data analysis, and teamwork skills? SBG is looking for a Security Business Analyst to join the Security Business Group (SBG) Operations Planning and Strategy organization team. In this role, you will help drive a number of key forecasting and data analysis efforts for security. As you grow your knowledge of the security area and the business dynamics in this space, you will increasingly become the go-to business expert for this space and help influence the strategic direction of our business for maximized success.
We are looking for a Security Business/Financial Analyst that has strong forecasting skills, strong data analysis skills, strong teamwork skills, and has an interest in growing their product and industry knowledge in the information security market. They will be part of our Business Operations team that focuses on Cisco’s security appliance products that incorporate technologies ranging from firewall, intrusion prevention (IPS), email security, and web security. Responsibilities for this role include:
* Lead our forecasting and bookings analysis efforts for our market-leading Advanced Threat, and Policy and Visibility business
* Collaborate with product managers and the BU leadership team on shaping the business models, pricing models, and forecasts for next-generation security offerings. Drive cross-functional pricing commits for products as they get ready for new product introduction.
* Analyze large amounts of data for a wide-range of analysis activities including historical bookings trending analysis, attach rate analysis, customer segment analysis, vertical segment analysis, geographic/theatre analysis, channel partner inventory/POS analysis, discount analysis, and more.
* Work with business unit leadership team on strategic analysis of short term, medium-term, and long term business growth opportunities across all product lines.
* Participate in cross-functional teams for a wide-variety of business initiatives including install base migration, competitive migration, product promotions, channel programs, TAM and marketshare analysis, and more.
Typically requires BS degree in Business Administration, International Business, Economics, or Finance plus 7+ years of related work experience. MBA preferred.
An ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
1. Strong track record of product forecasting, both at a units and dollars level, with good forecast accuracy.
2. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with track record of leading or working with cross-functional teams.
3. Strong analytical skills with ability to understand and develop insights into complex business and market data, and ability to draw reasoned conclusions based on sound data interpretation.
4. Strong attention to detail, with ability to zoom out and also see the larger picture, and put things into context.
5. Strong Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SQL skills with ability to work with large amounts of data.
6. Business Objects and related tools experience.
7. Understanding of Cisco business data structures (FINBI), business processes, channel programs, etc is a big plus.
8. Good communication skills are needed, with the ability to effectively convey key points of an often times complex topic in a concise manner.
9. Results oriented, able to prioritize in the face of multiple requests with ability to complete deli