· Planning and installation of new operating system releases to maintain software currency.
· Planning and installation of upgrades/new software when required.
· Open requirements and/or fix requests for software updates
· Management of system & software configurations (via change control).
· Ensuring that all work is actioned in accordance with security standards.
· Use of the current processes/tools to assist with security healthchecking and maintenance of security standards.
· Ensuring that Security APARS/PTFs are managed and applied before due date.
· Creation and maintenance of documentation.
· Working to establish and build on collaborative working relationships with customer groups and other teams.
· Reviewing and approving change control plans.
· Resolution of problems relating to the operating system and associated software.
. Provide support for IBM internal teams.
. Make sure to reach SLA-s for incidents/changes/service requests.
. Handle incoming e-mails / requests from IBM internal teams and customers.
· Software - Problem Determination/Resolution
· Problem solution and changes which are carried out and monitored in various PCM Tools
· Software Last Level Support
· Maintenance of system documentation
· Maintenance of operator manuals