Cisco is looking to hire a Software Engineer to contribute to the team and team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
1. BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 5-8 years of hands-on UI/UX development experience
3. Hands-on experience with a broad mix of technologies including a strong subset of:
◦ React, jQuery, node.js
◦ MariaDB, EnterpriseDB, NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Elastic search), IMDG
◦ AWS Web Services,
◦ API gateway,
◦ Linux, Unix systems
◦ CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub, SonarQube, Fortify etc.).
Experience with asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
Experience with developing REST-based services
Experience with containers and container orchestration (Dockers, Kubernettes, Swamp, Mesos/Marathon)
Experience with designing software to have logs that enable operations (ELK, especially ElasticSearch)
5. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to assist partners with implementing defined user experience
6. Demonstrated experience in developing and executing an integrated architectural view of, and strategy for, enterprise-wide database infrastructure technology solutions.
7. Demonstrated experience with High Performing and Highly Available Distributed Database Topologies, Database Platform and Storage Technologies, Data Migration, System Management and Monitoring Tools, Cloud Services, Big Data and Datacenter Facilities.
8. Demonstrated experience working in agile teams.
9. Ability to work with highly distributed teams, including interaction with the open source communities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. You are a highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic individual with excellent written and oral skills who will be part of a dynamic, fast-paced UX/UI Team responsible for driving great experiences into our products.
2. Help drive our vision for a great user experience with a focus on improving key metrics that ultimately increase revenue and profit.
3. Continuously drive development efficiencies aligned with the development standards
4. Provide leadership and expertise in the design of new products, services and processes.
5. Recommend and justify changes to existing products, services and processes.
6. Lead in the development of the technical solution or offering, in translating the business needs into technical requirements.