Cisco is looking to hire a Technical Leader to contribute to the team and team culture, the product, and the process to bring it to market. He/she must have experience in building new software offerings with agility and urgency.
Who You'll Work With
* Be part of a team of engineers involved in the development and testing of software for our next generation campus networking architecture.
* Lead design discussion and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, and reporting systems for both customer and Cisco use.
* Work with architects and product owners / customer to help prioritize and define feature functionality.
* Design tool chain for larger Cisco Corporation to share critical data with customers. Implement distributed data retrieval, assurance, visualization, and control algorithms with the intent of efficiently directing traffic in campus networks for the world's largest and most important businesses.
* Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
* Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec and help seek clarity where it doesn't exist.
* Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
* Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
* This team will move forward with the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
*8-10 years of experience leading and delivering core components for an enterprise application.
* 6-8 years of experience in Java, Python, or other modern programming languages/technologies.
* Experience in or passion for distributed systems such as Cassandra, etc
*Strong understating of OOA & D, Design patterns, SOA architectures and horizontal scalability tenets
* Expert in use of standard of SCM tools (Git), CI/CD (Jenkins/Maven etc) process.
* Proven leadership with experience in mentoring and growing other team members.
* Ability to work and influence teams beyond your immediate group.
*Strong motivation to innovate and improve customer and product experience.
* Strong problem solving and software development/troubleshooting skills. Ability to "think in code" and discuss ideas and algorithms is a must.
* Follows development best practices like TDD, Code Reviews and owns Automated tests to ensure quality.
* Past experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.