This is an exciting time to join Virgin Media as an Oracle Payroll & HR System Specialist. Working as part of a wider People Operations team on a 9 month fixed term contract basis, this role will help support, maintain and develop Virgin Media’s HR & Payroll systems. Working closely with the Lead Consultant, you will define problem statements and customer requirements, whilst also managing complex customer queries and data issues.
Acting as the primary contact for systems issues relating to the Payroll area, your duties will be wide ranging, but ultimately you will be responsible for:
* Providing subject matter expertise to the wider business on key Oracle modules and other HR systems.
* Working with both the People Operations/Oracle ERP teams to prioritise systems enhancements.
* Delivering systems changes/initiatives to drive continuous improvement.
* Supporting various cyclical projects (e.g. benefits renewal, salary review, bonus) to ensure systems impacts are identified and managed.
* Contributing to the delivery of Employee Services projects and solutions to drive continuous improvement.
* Contributing to the generation and management of the systems roadmap.
* Ensuring change governance processes are followed for all systems, process and project activities.
* Supporting the creation of business requirement documents and reviewing solution design against requirements.
* Maintaining the governance library, including but not limited to: change impact plans, business continuity plans and prioritisation matrixes.
* Generating business requirement documents that enable efficient and effective solutions to be built.
* Reviewing solution design documents against requirements and collaborating with ERP teams to ensure they meet required standards.
* Writing test scripts and co-ordinating User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
* Developing test scripts and plans, engaging with key stakeholders to secure resource.
* Ensuring a current business continuity plan is in place, agreed and updated on a bi-monthly basis.
* Working with Group Risk and People Operations Management teams to ensure the risk register is up to date and open risks have mitigation actions in progress.
Everyone in our People Operations team has a focus on excellent customer service, with a keen eye for detail and a strategic mind set. If you join us as an Oracle Payroll & HR System Specialist we would want you to have:
* Prior experience working within a relevant Payroll or Systems Payroll position.
* Experienced in using Oracle or a similar Payroll/HR System (e.g. SAP, PeopleSoft, or JD Edwards).
* Functional/technical excellence, with proven reporting skills, and advanced level MS Excel capabilities (advanced formulas/writing macros).
* Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities and influence up to Senior Management level.
* A track record in delivering highly strategic projects and programmes.