The consumer insight & analytics area is a new organisation recently formed through the merging of a number of data-led teams. The core purpose of the function is to transform current capabilities to drive competitive advantage through performing deep analytics in order to provide actionable insight and cross-channel communications.
* You will be responsible for developing interactive dashboards to help maximise the value the business can get from its data, while also supporting and enhancing the current estate and the datasets behind it
* As a senior developer you will be an ambassador for promoting the estate with the business, while also developing and coaching other developers in smarter ways of working
* Your experience will mean you have a wide range of visualisation techniques in order to tell a complex story clearly and concisely either through Oracle OBIEE, Qlik or standalone analysis
* You will have a passion for visualisation and will push the boundaries of the toolsets at Virgin (Oracle OBIEE, QlikView, QlikSense)
* Collaborate with the technology division and partnerships with third parties to ensure world class deliveries and portals are available to business users
* To help transform the data intelligence environment for the Virgin Media consumer division through development of the visualisation estate
* To investigate, question and derive value from large datasets, and to challenge discrepancies within it using visualisation to make the large and complex simple to understand
* Help develop and implement value enhancing business outputs to drive a stepwise change in revenue growth
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
* Experience of providing data visualisation and analysis using tools such as OBIEE, Qlik, Tableau in a data-rich organisation
* Excellent SQL development skills and experience with Netezza, Hadoop or similar platforms
* Knowledge of working around very large data sets
* Expert understanding of big data and BI best practice, tools, and understanding of latest industry techniques
Join and you’ll be part of the Virgin Media family. We’re a great place to work - and we offer impressive benefits too! You will get a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension, and, of course, discounts across Virgin Media products and Virgin brands!