The role sits within our base trading team and is responsible for fulfilling the team’s requests for insight and data to drive performance and support the design and delivery of propositional changes. It will involve technical deep dive into problem areas and providing new information in identifying drivers and supporting the trading team to make and track changes.
This is a technically-focussed role where you will support the team to address queries on base trading performance.
Specifically, this will involve:
* Working closely with the customer analytics team to understand the demographic segmentation, current product set and needs of Virgin Media’s base
* Provide weekly updates on commercial trading performance, identifying risks and opportunities through regular deep dives into trends and changes
* Provide insight to support financial modelling and development of business cases for proposed propositions
* Ownership of performance analysis and insight for trials relating to customer discounting and offer strategies and proactive customer contact
Essential knowledge and experience
* Advanced Excel and strong SQL skills (Netezza, SQL Server)
* You demonstrate strong commercial skills and an evidence based, data-driven approach when formulating business cases
* Strong analytical ability and able to take data, and turn it into an actionable insight
* Highly numerate, data-driven mind-set
* Experience of working within a commercial environment
* Strong commercial acumen and detailed understanding of the industry and key issues affecting the business
* Adept at operating in ambiguity and stepping outside the status quo and often the role profile
* Outstanding stakeholder management skills showing empathy, approachability and a fair considered approach when dealing with colleges
* An attitude that reflects Virgin Media’s culture and promotes creativity, optimism, zest and considered risk taking to deliver simple and credible solutions
* Ability to see beyond the task and engage people around a strategy, creating an energising and rewarding environment to work in
* You have a strong sense of ownership for your own work and are committed to proactively driving the agenda of the pricing team
* You’re analytical and financial savvy, able to evaluate numbers and details to make robust and commercially valid decisions.
* Prior cable, telecoms, Pay TV or mobile experience is a plus but not key for this role
* Analytical skills, able to identify trends & market opportunities/challenges and drive business decisions against through this insight