Commercial Finance - Work closely with the team who are responsible for the internal presentation of the divisional numbers, and will have the commercial knowledge and operational relationships we’ll need to leverage to ensure accurate and complete accounting
* Operational teams - Project managers, cost centre owners, head of departments.
* Offshore Accounting team - Understand the accounting processes and reconciliations that this team will perform for you to enable you to deliver the accurate accounting for your area
* Financial Accounts - Collaborate to ensure this team have what they need to produce accurate external reporting for statutory accounts, regulatory returns or Liberty consolidated quarterly 10Q/10K reports.
* Balance sheet reporting team - Assist them in accurate balance sheet reporting with commercial reasoning to enable cash management, Treasury forecasting and central control submissions to Liberty group.
* Accounting Policy & Control- Discuss one offs, assurance work and process changes to ensure GAP compliance for all external reports.
* Divisional Operational teams - Liaise with them on all changes and lead monthly accounting calls with them and the offshore teams for processes with higher risk of error/change or to gain commercial knowledge that will assist with review
The suitable candidate for this role will naturally be a solutions driven creative think who embraces change and will possess the following experience and skillset:
* Qualified Accountant with Management Accounting, and/or audit experience
* Assurance mindset with the ability to review accurately, but also to identify risks in processes and reconciliations and articulate/resolve/mitigate these as part of the monthly accounting cycle.
* Excellent communication skills in order to provide clear and meaningful interpretation of analysis and to be able to lead and control meetings with senior stakeholders
* Stakeholder management to be able to understand finance and operational stakeholder’s needs and requirements in order to provide excellent customer service. To understand the correct balance between challenge and support of these stakeholders in order to raise both the profile and external perception of the team
* Able to be collaborative working across internal and external teams in multiple locations to deliver improvements and best practice within the team
* Self- motivated -Well-organised, adaptable and resilient. Responds to challenging priorities with a sense of urgency and pace. Ability to work under pressure