* To be accountable for the day to day management of Bids/Opportunities ensuring win themes and strategies are clearly communicated and understood.
* Collaborating with virtual teams to identify, design and develop solutions that are commercially and operationally viable, meeting the customer requirements
* Co-ordinate and review / edit proposal input from your virtual team members.
* Provide clear direction and guidance to virtual team members on how to structure / strengthen responses enabling optimum impact.
* Manage the input to bids, writing material as appropriate ensuring that it is fully compliant with Company policies, procedures and standards, including financial modelling, risk assessments and approvals procedures.
* Responsible for conducting reviews and developing risk registers, taking into account operational and contractual risk and driving mitigation strategies and owners.
* To keep abreast of the marketplace changes in procurement legislation to provide expert advice and direction.
* Provide support when required in major customer presentations by generating appropriate material and / or attending events as requested by members of the Bid team.
* To drive the profitable growth of Virgin Media Business ("VMB") in line with long range plan (LRP) targets by providing high quality commercial support and governance, with particular emphasis on major / complex bids.
So what are we looking for?
* Decisive individual with a proven ability to set strategic direction, translate strategies into actionable plans, and deliver against challenging objectives across complex environments.
* A valid APMP Foundation Level Accreditation or similar.
* Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand and interpret market, customer, financial, and operational insights
* Strong planning skills, with experience of balancing short-term requirements with longer-term Strategies.
* The ideal person would be able to demonstrate experience of driving bid/opportunity strategy, developing successful profitable solutions and managing opportunities through the full lifecycle.
* To establish commercial business acumen in managing bid costs and delivering the opportunity within the agreed budget. Driving efficiencies across the Bid Architect team and ensure full process integration with all Sales processes and tools.
* B2B experience with a successful track record in a similar role driving bid/opportunity strategy, developing successful profitable solutions and managing opportunities through the full lifecycle.