- IP and Optical Networks Services Business Unit (ION – SBU) provides professional services in support of the
deployment of advanced network solutions across the entire ION product line. The ION Global Network Engineering
(GNE) team provides a wide range of services including:
- IP/MPLS Network core and services design, including EPC infrastructure, business VPNs, residential services, Wifi-Offload, CG-NAT, Application Assurance, ISP networks, Security, mobile backhauling, …
- Network and services migration
- Architecture and Design Consultation
- Operations Consultation
- Advanced training workshops
The team is seeking an IP Networks and Packet Core Design and Migration Architect to deliver services to Nokia’s customer base. The
candidate in this role will be required to work in a consultative manner with external Customers, Product Line Managers,
Regional Customer Support teams and our global GNE engineering team.
Typical tasks include:
- Lead requirements gathering and scoping workshops with Customers to collect design requirements
- Translate requirements into design specifications.
- Provide guidance to Customers on best design practices in the areas of IP/MPLS and Packet Core and services architecture. Acting as a consultant in those areas of expertise.
- Provide on-site support during customer deployment and integration.
- Being Nokia design and architect representative.
- Work with Product Line Management and pre-sales team for the feature enhancement requests.
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
Advanced IP/MPLS training/certification (Nokia SRA/MRP, Cisco CCxx, Juniper Junos)
The ideal candidate should have work experience with some or all of the following (minimum 5+ years relevant work
· Experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering,
implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
· Network Engineering expertise at a Multi-vendor integration experience.
· Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols
(RSVP, LDP), Segment Routing, QoS, IP VPN, VPLS, eVPN, BRAS, NAT,DPI etc.
. Strong Working level expertise with EPC and mobile solutions, including LTE, VoWIFI, WiFi Off load, SecGW, IPsec...etc
· Specific Nokia knowledge of 7950,7750, 7210 and 7705 product lines in addition to SAE-GW/CMG and MEE/CMM.
· 3rd party router expertise, include Cisco/Juniper product lines.
· Excellent hands-on network integration and problem solving skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Influences others outside of the team to ensure goals are met and conflicts are resolved.
· Responds to requests for technical information and assistance in a timely and professional manner
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.