· Minimum 4 years of professional experience in software development.
· Bachelor's degree or higher
· Expert OO programming skills, preferably in Java, C++ or C#
· Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
· Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP, and UDP
· Experience developing service bus or data replication technologies
· Experience in TDD techniques & Continuous Integration
· Must be a self-starter and motivated
As part of the team you will:
· Green-field opportunity to create a globally distributed computing web-service !
· Own and build one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS.
· Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
· Design and build systems that scale to hold millions of records and reply to billions of queries per second.
· Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
· Provide services that are core to all modern Internet businesses.
The position is based in AWS HQ at Seattle.