As an Engineering Technician you will be responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modifications, and fabrications of design circuitry, electromechanical systems, or specialized test equipment. You will conduct engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect data or assist in research work. Additionally, you may perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Work assignments are semi-routine in nature and the work is performed within generally defined parameters. Some degree of judgment required in resolving nonstandard problems. In this role you will normally receive general instructions on most work.
Additional Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides functional test and failure analysis on the customer RMA repairs.
- Provides NPI support to Engineering - performs pre-production testing, rework & component level repairs.
- Assists in test fixture development to support EMS testing.
- Performs product repairs/ECO updates on required STL product.
- Supports the test network within the Manufacturing lab.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
The Data Center Group (DCG) drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low-energy systems for enterprise and the cloud, as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power nine of every 10 servers sold worldwide.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Electronic Tech School Graduate or Electrical Engineering course equivalent.
- 8 plus years of bench and system level testing experience.
- 6 plus years of component level troubleshooting experience.
- 6 plus years of strong troubleshooting skills when working with SMT and BGA components types.
- Must demonstrate the ability to interpret schematics, logic diagrams and assembly drawings.
- Must be knowledgeable about quality standards.
- Excellent soldering skills.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.