Why would you want to work on network devices for Amazon?
- We have some of the largest data center networks in the world and we don't stop growing.
- Because we own both the network and the devices, we can innovate in a way that others cannot.
- Very large impact: everything AWS does is built on networks using these devices.
- You like to get stuff done: we have a lot to do, with many opportunities to deliver.
· BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years experience with driver and Linux platform bring up and maintenance
· 100% hands-on development engineer
· Triage, investigate, and resolve primarily Linux bringup and networking performance, Security, kernel, packaging, bootloader, image management related issues
· Proven ability of new platform bringup effort
· Solid C/C++ expertise
· Expertise in solving non-trivial troubleshooting and debugging skills under time pressure
· Ability to drive progress in the absence of top level requirements
· Good understanding of the Linux kernel network sub-system
· Deep understanding of Linux variations, upstreams, packaging and tool-chain, kernel sub-systems, security issues
· Experience in BSP
· New platform and SDK integration
· Hands on expertise with ARM, Intel, PPC family processor
· Networking platform S/W development
· Great written/verbal communication skills and teamwork.